|Thirteen Things about Linda (or Margeaux)
1. Even though I really love this blogging thing, I pretty much don’t have time for it.
2. Even though I don’t have time for this blogging thing, I do it anyway!
3. I was born and raised in Southern California and after (yipes) 30 years of living everywhere but there, I still miss it. Not the lifestyle so much, but the sea, and the sierra madres, and the red tile roofs, and the palm trees….
4. I have lived in the midwest and upper midwest for 15 years now and even though it’s a wonderful place to raise my children, I will never think of myself as a midwesterner.
5. My dad was a Conservative Southern Baptist Minister, the son of a Conservative Southern Baptist Minister who was also a Missionary in Guam – does that give you a clue to how messed up I am?
6. My mom is a wonderful person who did (and still does) everything in her power to make my childhood and growing up years wonderful. Apparently I’m still in my growing up years.
7. I have three sisters, two of which were my father’s from a previous marriage and are more than 18 years my senior, and one of which is 5 years younger.
8. I have been married three times. Once, right out of high school to absolutely the wrong guy for absolutely the wrong reasons. The second time to the father of my oldest son. And the third and final time to my wonderful husband Downtown Dad!
9. Downtown Dad and I met while I was working in the Human Resources office at AAA (Auto club not the non-drinking club). He walked into my office soon after being hired to be the Marketing Director. We were both married to someone else, but fell in love at first sight anyway!
10. Beezer is my first born. He’s 24 and probably the most highly educated waiter in three states! I love him dearly, but his college career (which is apparently still not over) has really not kicked open any doors for him – yet. I am starting to hear my grandma biological clock ticking…
11. Tessie is my pink princess daughter. We used to call her a pink tornado, but she’s 14 now and even the princess title is wearing a little thin. She got the creative genes and they were all from Downtown Dad’s side! She paints, draws, and makes things out of clay. She sings, she dances and hopes to prove she can act later this year.
12. Bearly is a scientist but he’s recently discovered his creative side and will start guitar lessons soon. He is definately smarter than the average “bear.” At 12 he’s got some strong opinions about goals and how he’s going to live his life. I think he’ll be the one to take care of mom and dad in their old age!
13. I am a Realtor by day… but I love to write. I’d like to think of myself as a writer, but I haven’t written anything (to speak of) My friends (and enemies) say that I am a good writer. I just don’t know what to write. I was hoping this blog would be some kind of a platform, or incentive, or motivator to write something – anything!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)http://happyfamilyathome.blogspot.com/
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants