Hi there! We’re Dave and Linda Thomas-Anderson. Dave is sometimes known as Downtown Dad, and Linda is also known as Lala (hence the name of the blog) and together, we welcome you to Lala Land…
…. tra lala lalala la la la….
No, not Munchkinland… Lala Land. Although, come to think of it, there may be some similarities…
Some might hesitate to call the area we live in, “home” since The North Dakota Minnesota border is vast, and in the winter there is a definite absence of color. By contrast, Lala Land is stunningly gorgeous and fantastical. It is peopled with strange folk, and adventures galore. Most of its inhabitants are wise, courageous, have large hearts, and know the significance of one’s roots and home.
Here you can read:
- A blog about life, writing, food, wine, travel, genealogy, some politics, happiness and other shenanigans.
- Unique human-interest stories you can share that will make you a hit at dinner parties.
- Heartwarming profiles of small town eccentricities and local sages that will warm the cockles of your heart.
- Stories about serendipities & coincidences that always turn out in our favor; and which likely qualifies us for our own sitcom.
- An occasional commentary/rant that just may provide you the insight you need to understand today’s issues.
- Colorful travelogues to quirky but interesting places (ie graveyards, ghost towns and battlefields).
- Recipes for scrumptious dishes with absolutely no calories at all!
In real life, we live with our Boss, Gus the cat, and have three grown children, two sons and a daughter, all in various stages of leaving the nest. Linda works as a senior administrative assistant in the accounting department of a large regional non-profit healthcare organization, and Dave is in various stages of retirement.