Here is some background info on the “stars” of this soap opera / sitcom Reality Show.
- Downtown Dad (AKA Downtown Dave, or just Dave) We are head over heels, some would say annoyingly, in love with each other after 35 years of marriage. We live in a lovely house in an impossibly nice town, in the upper midwestern frozen tundra plains. We do not hunt moose. We have three great kids, our kitty GusGus, and a pool. Downtown Dad, in addition to being the world’s best husband and father, is a politician, lobbyist, promoter, historian, and genealogist, with a dubious gift of gab. That man will talk to anyone… really, ANYone. He works… well… he works Downtown.
- Bobby (AKA Robert, Beez, Bee Bop) He is a procrastinating photographer. He rents a house a few miles away and works for a regional healthcare facility.
- Kelsie (AKA Tessie Wee, Kels) She is an artist in every sense of the word, drawing, painting, sculpting, all seemingly effortlessly.
- Jarrod (AKA JearBear) He taught himself to play guitar He is very much like Downtown Dad in his love of history, and politics, and that whole gift of gab thing.
- GusGus (AKA Agustus, Gustopher, KittyKat)
- Lala (AKA Linda, Mom, Hey you.) Me? I possess neither the gift of gab, nor the artistic talents so abundant in the other members of my family. I can throw together a wicked sentence or two though, and that to me is much more practical than all that singing and drawing stuff. And, well, somebody’s got to write the Christmas Letter!